Wednesday, October 10, 2007

reader respnse 1: huck funn (1-6)

"looky here- mind how you talk to me;i'm a-standing about all i can stand, now- so don't gimme no sass. I've been in town two days, and i hain't heard nothing but about you bein' rich. i heard about it away down river, too. that's why i come. you git me that money tomorrow- i want it."

chapter 5.

page 15

paragraph 6.



what i think about this quote is i think its simply disgusting how he talks to his son, and he only comes to see him when he finds out that he has all that money...i really don't see how parents can treat there kids like that. i mean, me and my mother had a good relationship but sometimes we do fight. but she would never talk to me like that. or only come to me if i have money. i just think he should have a better relationship with his son instead of drinking all the time.



i think mark Twain is using this as satire, because here he is using his son to get to his money which he will probably spend on alcohol... he really hasent been much of a father, and here he is wanting all his money and taking the only dollar he has out of his pocket.

No comments: